Gateway allows the Lender to email invite and assign a Third Party to applications in order to obtain documentation they may have. Typically, this user type would be someone outside your organization that you still want to give access to specific applications for document upload. The Third Party user will not be able to view or add to the data portion of the application. This user could be a banker or applicant's accountant, for example.
How to add a Third Party to an application:
- Invite a Third Party user type to register on your portal (Review KB article Gateway Adding Lender and Third Party User)
- SUGGESTION: Encourage the Third Party user to set up their notification settings in the Manage Account menu (Click on Profile Icon > Manage Account > Notifications menu). This will enable the system to send text and/or email notifications to Third Parties when they are assigned to applications, when they have received a message in the portal, etc.
- After the user has registered on your portal you will be able to assign them to an application(s)
- Click on the hyperlink application number you want to assign them to
- Click on Assign within the Assigned section
- Select Third Party in the Staff Type dropdown menu
- Select the user's name in the Staff dropdown menu
- Click Assign
- You can remove a Third Party user from an application, at any time, by clicking on the Trash icon next to the assignment
How to assign Document Requests to a Third Party:
- If you want to assign a document request to a Third Party for every application, you will start in the Site Settings > Application Settings > Primary Application tab > Document Requests section > Click Add Document OR click into existing request
- NOTE: After adding or updating the document request in this area, only applications started after the change was made will have the request
- If you want to assign a document request to a Third Party for a specific application, you will start in the application's Documents section > Click +Request Document button
- Select Document Type from dropdown menu or leave as is, if updating an existing request
- Select Third Party name
- Make request required or provide opt out option in Required Type dropdown menu
- Set a maximum allowable document amount, if needed
- Click Add
How to allow Third Party uploads for documents not assigned to a Third Party (and instead assigned to Applicant or Business to provide):
- If you want to allow a Third Party user to have the ability to upload documents into a document request bucket for every application, you will start in the Site Settings > Application Settings > Primary Application tab > Documents Requests section > Click Add Document OR click into existing request
- NOTE: Only applications started after the change was made will allow a Third Party to upload into the request
- If you want to allow a Third Party user to have the ability to upload documents into a document request bucket for a specific application, you will start in the application's Documents section > Click +Request Document button
- Check the box labelled "Allow Third Party Uploads"
- Click Add or Save
What will the Third Party be able to see:
- Third Party users will be able to see the applications they have been assigned to on your portal, they will not be able to see any other applications
- They will be able to access the Application Summary page of each application they are assigned
- They will not be able to view the data portion of the applications.
- They will be able to access the Documents section
- If a document request has been enabled for Third Party upload, the Third Party will be able to view and download documents uploaded previously in the document request and will be able to upload documents
- If a document request has NOT been enabled for Third Party upload, the Third Party will be unable to see documents previously uploaded and will be prevented from uploading any documents