Congratulations, your Organization has enabled Web Templates to allow you to create custom documents for use within Ventures. But should you start? What kind of documents can you create? Let's get started with a brand new document from scratch.
To access Web Templates, you will find the feature in Reports & Letters between the Bulk Letters and Ticklers menus.
Let's start by using the +Add button to create a new document. (Click this link to see how to convert an existing document!)
Give your document a name and then select the Type of template you want to create. There are 4 types of Templates that can be created.
- Document - Standard documents or Credit Memos.
- Footer - A footer template that can be used in all web templates.
- Header - A header template can be used in all web templates.
- Sub Template - A special type of data field used for certain types of loan data. (See our article on Sub Templates!)
Once you choose a Template Type, you will need to choose your Data Source.
For Document, Header and Footer, your options are:
- Loan - Data that comes directly from the loan. This is the most common type of web template.
- Credit Memo - Credit Memo bookmarks used to generate the Ventures Credit Memos. Select this option if you are creating custom Credit Memos.
- Fillable PDF - This is a brand new option that is currently not available for users.
If you are creating a Sub Template, your Data Source options are:
- Collateral - This allows you to use data in the Collateral menu for each collateral record, not just the project property.
- All Items Due - This is a standalone template for Servicing Tracking bookmark from the Bulk Letters area.
- Loan Company - This allows you to use data from the Entities area. This can and will show data for all Entities.
- Loan Cost Detail - This allows you to use data from the Project Cost area of Ventures.
- Loan Tenant - This is a subset of the Collateral area that is specific to the Tenants grid.
- Loan Entity Contact - This allows you to use data from the Contacts in the Entities area for all Contacts.
- Insurance - This allows you to use specific data from the Tracking > Insurance area of Ventures.
- Payment Transactions - This allows you to use data from the Payments module. This requires having purchased the Payments module for Ventures.
- Tasks - Use this data set if you want to put data from the Tasks area into your template.
Click Continue to start your new, blank Web Template.
To add Merge Fields visit this KB Article labeled Adding and Configuring Merge Fields in Web Templates.