You can add custom fields including dates to the Loan Log or other standard objects, or any custom objects you would like. Click here for an in-depth KB and video covering standard objects like the Loan Log, custom objects, custom fields and how to add them.
To add a custom field to the Loan Log, you will need to be a site administrator.
- Log in with a site administrator account.
- From the home page of Ventures, click Administration in the menu at the top of the screen.
- When the Administration page loads, click custom data in the menu on the left.
- A table will load with objects. You can use the search bar to search for the object by name or description. Click on the Loan Log
- A pop up will appear, if there are already created fields, you will see them listed in the pop up. Click add.
- Create the custom field. Make sure to select Date in the field type.
- To set conditions for when the field becomes available, types of loan the field should appear for, and various other settings, make sure to click on the Loan Workflow tab. Detailed explanations for the Loan Workflow tab can be found here. When you finish making your selections and reviewing them, click save.
- You will return to this previous pop up. Click Save again.