This article is part of a series of Knowledge Base articles covering Custom Financial Statement Templates.
This article is also available as a video:
What if I want to keep my company and personal templates as they were?
The default Personal financial template has not changed, there is no action needed. The default Company financial template has changed, you will need to edit it. Remember only site administrators have access to edit custom templates.
1. Click on the Administration Menu in the menu at the top of the screen.
2. Click on Financial Templates from the menu on the left side of the screen.
3. Click the Add button, a pop up will appear
4. Select “Company” in the Type field.
5. Check the "Active" and the “Default” checkboxes.
6. Select “Default Company Template” within the "Based On" dropdown menu.
7. Add a Template Name. Add a description if you wish, it is not mandatory.
8. Click Save. You will return to the table with all the templates in your system, you should see the template you just created.
9. Click on the hyperlinked name of the template you just created. A pop up will appear.
10. Click on the Income Statement tab in the pop up
11. In the Income Statement, click X next to the Cost of Goods Sold rows to delete them if you do not want to see the itemized list in the spreads.
12. Click Save.
What if I want to add or remove new fields from my credit memo?
Users with administration access can edit the credit memo to include or remove new fields.
1. Click on Reports and Letters, it is an option in the menu at the top of the screen.
2. When the page loads click the web template menu option in the menu on the left side of the screen.
3. On the web template page, use the search bar and type in the name of the custom credit memo you wish to edit. Remember you cannot edit default system credit memos.
4. Click the name of the credit memo from the search results.
5. The credit memo will load. Make sure you are on the Template Designer tab. Scroll down till you see the merged field labeled Financial Statements. Click on it.
6. A pop up will appear. In the pop up scroll down to the section labeled Toggle Row Visibility.
7. This is the new section that I would like to highlight. In this section you can toggle whether you would like the new fields that have been added to the statement to be included when you print the credit memo. By default these are all set to Off. You can toggle them on individually as needed. They do not all have to be set to on or off, you can decide to include or leave out each individual field.
If set to off, you will not see the breakdown of each total, just the total itself.
8. When you finish making your selection click the green ok button.